Avril Lavigne Performs At 2015 Special Olympics World Games Opening Ceremony Amid Lyme Disease Battle (VIDEO)

Avril Lavigne hit the stage to sing at the 2015 Special Olympics World Games opening ceremony on Saturday in Los Angeles. 






Lavigne, 30, performed her latest song "Fly" in her first appearance on stage since confessing her struggle with Lyme disease.




Stevie Wonder, Nicole Scherzinger, Maria Shriver, Eva Longoria and First Lady Michelle Obama also took the stage.



"Honored to have performed my song Fly at the opening ceremony for the Special Olympics tonight. All proceeds go to support the Special Olympics," Avril shared on her Instagram account. 


"This was a very beautiful night for me. Congratulations to all the athletes. Thank you to everyone who supports the Avril Lavigne Foundation," the singer went on, adding: "It has been a difficult year fighting through Lyme Disease for me and I am so happy to have made it on stage tonight for the first performance in a year. Thank you for having me and please enjoy my song Fly. I wrote this song to encourage people who are facing challenges, to encourage strength and to empower. Xoxo."

Check out the video below…
 
 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts