Enrique Iglesias Quotes

1. I say that when you sing in English, it's easier and it does open a lot more markets, but there's exceptions, and there are artists out there that have done it in Portuguese, Spanish and French.  



2. You need a good production, but the essence, what makes a song timeless, is the melody, the lyric, and of course the production.


3. (on his split from Anna Kournikova) We've split. I'm single now and it's OK. I don't mind being single. I'm not ready for children. I don't feel like taking on such a responsibility yet. But in the future I'd like two children.

4. Realistically, English is a universal language; it's the number one language for music and for communicating with the rest of the world.


5. I started singing with poor musicians but they were very talented.



6. You should do whatever language you feel is the perfect language for you to sing in and then try to strive to do the best.

7. I'd just finished my album and Robert Rodriguez's people called me and asked if I want to do this movie. It was a short role, a small role in "Once Upon A Time In Mexico".



8. But if it's a good song that touches people's hearts people will come see you in concert 10 years from now just to hear you sing that song.



9. Not that I don't like the other songs, but I love ballads, and I think it's always a risk-taker when you come up with a ballad.


10. I think it must be harder to be female than male. Apart from having to deal with period pains, pregnancy and child birth, I think women are more emotional than men. It's not just that they find it easier to talk about emotions, I think they actually feel emotions more deeply.

11. If permanent happiness comes with someone, I'd leave everything.


12. I am really passionate about sports in general - especially water sports.

13. My best personality trait that I think I'm very approachable. And my worst is that I can be moody.


14. I used to travel to so many different countries with my Spanish albums, and some of them would listen to my music and some of them wouldn't, just because it was in Spanish.




15. Creating a fragrance will be an exciting way to reach new fans while connecting with those people who already enjoy my music. I have always admired Tommy Hilfiger and am very excited about this new venture with Tommy Hilfiger Toiletries.



16. But I'm never going to deny where I come from. I'm Latino, and that's obvious.

17. In school, kids never really looked at me a different way because I think it was a different generation; they didn't really know who my father was.


18. The power of music in Spanish is so strong, that I couldn't stay away from it any longer.

19. I go from English to Spanish, and I feel I have some cool songs.


20. Probably that one about me having a small penis. I think people believe I take myself more seriously than I actually do.

21. The music promotion is what makes your face a pretty face.



22. The way I look at it, I'd rather make my own mistakes than have people make them for me.

23. I know it sounds corny, but when you follow your dreams, it happens. And if it's music, take it seriously.



24. When I'm in love, I wake up happy.

25. The weirdest show I ever played was in Russia, in the Kremlin. That was weird, because I think the Kremlin seats 6,000 people, and you couldn't even bring a production. You couldn't even touch anything.


26. It surprises me what the girls are capable of doing for me.


27. For me, it all starts with if I can sing a song with a guitar and it still sounds good acoustically, then I'll stick it on the album.

28. I was happier before, when I lead a normal life.


29. There hasn't been one moment in my career where I felt I didn't have any control over the creative aspects of my records.

30. I've worked a lot during the night. But I don't sleep in the day either.


31. I love what I do, and I think I've appreciated it more throughout the years, but just to keep on traveling, keep on doing shows, and hopefully making better albums. That's always my goal.




32. I've gone over a million in a half miles flying.


33. Touring is my favorite thing to do! I love the adrenaline I feel when I'm on stage and the energy I get from my fans.



34. With the press, if it's a professional interview and I feel comfortable, I don't mind talking about my personal life.

35. We all feel love, and that might sound kind of corny, but I really feel that's what joins musicians together around the world.


36. Yes, and I hope that day I get married, it is forever.




37. I care about politics just like any other citizen. I'm against the war in Iraq, or any type of war.



38. I can't believe having a mole removed turned into such a big deal. Basically, all that happened was I went to the doctor, he told me it had the potential to become cancerous and said he could remove it in 30 seconds, so I told him to go for it. It's that simple.

39. There are days that I wake up and I complain, and when I complain I pinch myself and say: "that's for complaining." Not many people can do what they really like in life.

40. I don't actually think about what kind of an album I'm going to make when I go into the studio, because that kind of limits me.


41. I don't care what people say. My music's, my music.

42. My motivations are thinking I can write better songs, that the concerts can be better.

43. Love is one of my main inspirations.


44. We're the same blood but the singing style is different.

45. Yes, I have made a woman cry.

46. I don't consider myself a sex symbol.

47. If you're buying an album because of the face on it, you're stupid.


48. I wouldn't change anything. I've made mistakes, but thanks to those mistakes, I've learned.

49. I prefer love over sex.

50. My friends support me a lot.

51. When there's love there's good sex.

52. I don't really like revealing everything about my private life.


53. If they would have told me when I was just 18 that I was going to have a career that would last so long, I'd have said it was impossible, that it was crazy that that could happen in my life, so I'm happy to be here. To be able to go out on stage every day.


54. I don't like being lied to, so I only lie about the stupid things. White lies, basically.

55. I'm so proud of who I am and where I come from and who my father is.


56. What won't change is always striving for that great song and that great album. That's the challenge, that's the fun, and that's what will always drive me.





57. The song "Hero" is a very deep and personal song. All my songs I write come from something that's happened to me, in my life or someone I've met. But, I'll never tell what they are about. It's a secret.


58. I don't sleep much. It takes me a long time to fall asleep. I'm a bit of an insomniac but, when I fall asleep, I don't ever want to wake up.




59. The video for "Addicted" was an idea of mine, and it all came together with the genius direction of Peter Berg.

60. When you do the same thing as your father...I always want it to be better than my father as a singer.


61. If you come from Spain, you have to play football.


62. I don't think I would be a good producer, but I would like to compose for other singers, give them ideas for other projects, the problem is that I don't compose often and I don't have songs to give to others.

63. I'm a good person, but with many defects.


64. Yeah, exactly, you can talk about politics in music, you can talk about something else, but that's always going to change, and love is never going to change.




65. And people coming up asking for autographs, there's only one time when it kind of bothers me: when I'm eating.

66. I had a normal childhood. There were women, but it wasn't like Hefner's Playboy Mansion. If it was, I'd still be living at home!


67. My tennis skills are okay.


68. I always respect a woman.



69. I'm quite grounded.

70. I'm very romantic.

71. When you find the perfect person you shouldn't feel any insecurity.

72. We grow from experience. My music is always changing and in constant evolution. My first album is completely different to the last album. I just follow my own taste on music.


73. I just want my albums to do something different; I don't want the prior one to sound like the new one.

74. Being anxious is the worst feeling in the world.

75. As an artist, I've been very fortunate.

76. My inspiration are the woman, friendship and loneliness.

77. I really want to fall in love.



78. At age 13 I fell in love with my teacher.


79. I like being underestimated. That's what pushes me, drives me to make a great album. I keep having to prove myself. This song writing is the only thing I know how to do, the only thing I really love.



80. And that's why for artists, no matter what your background is, no matter what religion, what nationality, or what class you come from, no matter if you're rich or poor, no matter what, that's where we all join together and where we're all similar.






81. The only thing I have no control over is the politics that goes on within the record company. It's always been the same, but it's far tougher now, because record companies are run by financial people; before, they were run by creative people.


82. I like the story about me and Anna getting married and divorced. I think we're still together. I've been away for two weeks, so I'll have to check we're still together when I go back home, you know how things change!





83. My first record contract was for three records in Spanish, and right when that was over, that was a perfect time for me to release an English album, and that's when it all happened.

84. The one thing I've learned in the last ten years is that successful artists don't get paid to write and sing songs, they get paid for the psychological roller coaster they're going to have to ride. That's the hard work.

85. I mean, if you turn on the radio, love is 90 percent of the music.


86. I mean, I do consider that my music is pop because I've been influenced by pop music my whole life; I grew up in the States and '80s pop music was my biggest influence.

87. At the end of the day a great melody is great - but the lyrics are what make a song timeless.

88. The one thing about music is that there are no rules.

89. Lyrics are crucial, but melody - it's so much about that.


What do you think of Enrique Iglesias quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts