Michael Phelps Apologizes For DUI Arrest

Michael Phelps has apologized for his DUI arrest early on Tuesday morning, claiming that he is "deeply sorry" for the unfortunate incident.  



Just in case you have missed it, Phelps, 29, was arrested for driving under the influence in Maryland while going 84 miles per hour in a 45 mph zone.


The most decorated Olympian of all time failed a field sobriety test, with a blood-alcohol level almost twice the legal limit.


After being released from custody, Phelps took to twitter to give an apology.


"Earlier this morning, I was arrested and charged with DUI, excessive speeding and crossing double lane lines," the record-setting Olympic swimmer wrote, noting: "I understand the severity of my actions and take full responsibility."

Phelps added: "I know these words may not mean much right now but I am deeply sorry to everyone I have let down."



Phelps was initially busted for DUI in 2004 at 19 years old.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts