Justin Timberlake: "Michael Jackson Gave Me The Confidence To Go Solo" (VIDEO)

Justin Timberlake confessed that Michael Jackson gave him the "confidence" to go solo in an interview for Oprah's Master Class.  




Timberlake, 33, revealed he originally wrote *NSYNC's 2001 hit "Gone" for the legendary singer, noting it was the first track he "kind of cut by myself."


"It was one of those songs where it felt a little more personal to me, because I had written it for the biggest artist of all time," Timberlake claimed.


*NSYNC finally recorded the hit themselves after Timberlake was told by Jackson's team that he rejected it.


"I guess Michael did hear it, and called me on the phone and said that he wanted to cut the record, but he wanted it to be a duet between himself and I," Timberlake was quoted as saying.

"I'm literally punching myself in the face because I said I can't do that," Timberlake added.

Timberlake credited the iconic singer for giving him the courage to follow a solo career.


Justin Timberlake's interview airs on May 11.


Check out Justin Timberlake tell the Michael Jackson story for the first time HERE.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts