Cheryl Burke On Weight Loss: "I'm Not Starving"

Cheryl Burke of "Dancing with the Stars" lately flaunted a huge weight loss (15 pounds!) by posing in a bikini for People magazine, only to have celebrity watchers wonder whether her body makeover was accidental or the result of rigid Hollywood demands.


On Friday, Burke, 30, addressed the topic in a facebook letter to fans.


The dancer wrote: "I've been reading your comments about the People magazine article. First of all, I want to thank all the people who have said such kind things, I truly appreciate it."



"I've had a very public struggle with the press and their comments about my weight for a number of years now, but I want to make it clear that this isn't about them," Burke went on, noting: "Yes, I have been hurt by their criticism, but I'm only human."


Cheryl pointed out: "This wasn't some drastic change I made overnight. I'm not caving in to the pressures of Hollywood, as some of you have expressed your concern that I might be, and I'm certainly not starving myself," explaining: "I'm thriving. I'm putting healthy foods into my body and experiencing the benefits. I have tried so many fad diets, I've wasted so much time looking for a solution when it was right in front of me all along - take care of yourself, nourish your body, surround yourself with good people - you will feel good and will shine in all that you do".

"It's not about chasing a number on the scale, and it's not about Hollywood. We will all face criticism throughout our lives, no matter where we live and what we weigh. So if you're struggling with that, you're not alone. Not at all," Burke was quoted as saying, adding: "My weight fluctuates, just like any other person's does, and there will always be critics. You've got to tune out the other people and tune in to what's going on inside. Love yourself. Nourish your body. Be kind to one another".


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts