Amanda Holden Quotes

1. "Doing "Top of the Pops" is one of my ambitions but I don't want to be one of those actresses who suddenly goes: "oh yeah, I always wanted to be a pop star". I always wanted to show I could perform and then maybe release something once I'd proved myself. Considering my age, I'm not going to wear crop tops and try to be Britney. I like country but I don't think "Amanda Holden's Country Album" would be a huge seller. Maybe a bit more of a crossover like Shania Twain. I wouldn't mind covering Dolly Parton's "Nine To Five".

2. I didn't go nightclubbing much as a teenager in Bournemouth because my friends and I didn't have the money - but we spent a lot of time on the beach, having barbecues, and running into the sea in the middle of the night.


3. I had a weekend job in a shoe shop to get me through college. I had a grant, but when you study in London you need as much money as you can get. I also once sprayed perfume in Boots for a week, but I couldn't stand the smell.

4. I want to be buried with a mobile phone, just in case I'm not dead.


5. (after hearing Susan Boyle's performance of I Dreamed a Dream on Britain's Got Talent 2009) That's the biggest wake-up call ever.





6. I never believed I wouldn't make it - and perhaps that's why I've always found work. I've always stuck at everything I've ever done. I absolutely won't give up.

7. (on Susan Boyle) She'll be an international superstar - but I don't think she'll have longevity. This world is fickle; we pick people up and spit them out just as quick.


8. I don't care who or what judges me, nothing's going to stop me from living my life how I choose.




9. (to Susan Boyle for the Britain's Got Talent 2009 final) I am proud you represent Britain so brilliantly. I just want to apologize for...the way we treated you before you sang the first time. You made me and everyone else look very stupid.


10. I should have been out there having a wild time like all the other girls my age, but I wasn't. I was going home every night to what was, initially, a very happy marriage.



11. (listening to Susan Boyle on CD) Her voice rang out in the darkness and it was the most ethereal, spiritual moment ever.


12. My family are my priority but I've always had a strong work ethic and I like to be busy.

13. (on Susan Boyle) She's gone from a woman who nobody knew to worldwide fame.


14. My mum loves cats so I took her to see the lion cubs which at about a year old are actually quite big. She wasn't scared at all and went straight over and kissed one on the mouth! She thought they were just like her pets at home.

15. Follow your dreams, because your dreams won't follow you...


16. I have such a lovely life and I just never imagined that I would miscarry a baby.




17. People have been able to see that as cheeky and as flirty as I am, I am not the dreadful slapper that the press used to portray me as. But it will probably all turn around and people will hate me again in a couple of years.

18. I am an optimist. I think, as bad as life sometimes gets, there is so much joy and so much good stuff, that there is a balance.


19. I was a prefect at school, I never had a tattoo, got a detention or pierced my ears more than once.

20. I always felt sorry for the students who were asked to play sad, old characters.

21. I'm in the lucky position financially where I don't have to do things I don't want to do.


22. It is going to take a very brave man to love me.



23. I don't care who or what judges me, nothing's going to stop me from living my life how I choose.

24. In the past, I've thrown myself into work so much there's been very little room for anything else.


25. We are thrilled - it is scary and exciting.




26. My dream is to have a gay son.




27. Slightly embarrassing. I'd probably eaten too much dinner.


28. I have to say, I loved you in the audition because you were different and hysterically funny. Tonight, I was disappointed by that performance. I felt like you weren't Michael Jackson, you were more like a Thunderbird without the strings. You looked like you were marking that routine.




What do you think of Amanda Holden's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts