Wentworth Miller: "I'm Gay And I Reject Russia's Invitation"

"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just come out as gay in a statement that rejects visiting Russia due to the country's attitude towards gay people.


Miller, 41, fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival, declining its invitation for him to travel to the Motherland for the event and in the letter the actor went public about his sexual orientation for the first time.


"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline," Miller was quoted as saying.

Miller noted: "I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."







"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly," he continued.

"If circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice," Miller added.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts