Tom Cruise Most Memorable Scientology Quotes

It is not a secret that Tom Cruise is a hardcore Scientologist. It appears that he doesn't miss the opportunity to speak out publicly about the religion and he even explains why he doesn’t care if people consider him crazy for pledging his allegiance to L. Ron Hubbard.

Now, after the announcement of his impending divorce from Katie Holmes, insiders are rumbling that Tom had planned to send their daughter Suri, 6, to Sea Org, a hardcore Scientologist compound. The reports haven’t been officially confirmed, but it’s clear that Cruise’s life is heavily influenced by Scientology; many even insist that Cruise surrounds himself only with people who are affiliated with the Church.


Looking back through his past interviews, Cruise has been verbal about the importance of Scientology




Cruise, who is reportedly a high-ranking member of the Church of Scientology, caused quite a stir when he discussed his beliefs before cameras and a videoclip of the discussion leaked online.


It has to be mentioned that the controversial belief system developed by Hubbard is based on a person being an immortal spiritual being whose survival depends on him/herself and his/her attainment of brotherhood with others and the universe.


"When you’re a Scientologist, and you drive by an accident, you know you have to do something about it, because you know you’re the only one who can really help… We are the way to happiness. We can bring peace and unite cultures," Cruise quoted as saying.

Let's take a look below at Tom Cruise's most unforgettable Scientology quotes.


1. "It is a religion. Because it's dealing with the spirit - you as a spiritual being. It gives you tools you can use to apply to your life." - to Matt Lauer on "TODAY", June 25, 2005.




2. "Some people, well, if they don't like Scientology, well, then, f*** you." - Rolling Stone "The Passion of the Cruise" by Neil Strauss, 2004.


3. "I have respect for what other people believe. What I believe in my own life is that it's a search for how I can do things better, whether it's being a better man or a better father or finding ways for myself to improve. Individuals have to decide what is true and real for them. I'm fortunate in the life I have." - Playboy interview, June 2012 issue.


4. "It's a privilege to call yourself a Scientologist, and it's something that you have to earn." - Freedom Medal of Valor, October 2004.


5. "No, I mean you can be Catholic and be a Scientologist. You can be Jewish and be a Scientologist. But we're just Scientologists." - Diane Sawyer on ABC Primetime, April 14, 2006.



6. "I've never agreed with psychiatry, ever.  Before I was a Scientologist, I never agreed with psychiatry. And when I started studying the history of psychiatry, I understood more and more why I didn't believe in psychology." - "TODAY" show with Matt Lauer, June 25, 2005.


7. "That's just not true. They say,"Get your physical, get your medication, get your physical illnesses handled." It's actually the exact opposite." - The View, Jan. 8, 2009 in response to the controversy surrounding the death of John Travolta's son Jet, and if Scientologists take their kids to the doctors.


8.  "It's a minority religion, and I think that sometimes people misinterpret (it). I think the best thing is for people to read about it themselves. I believe people have the right to choose what they believe in." - "Oprah Winfrey Show", May 2008.


9. "That's what drives me. I know that we have an opportunity to really help...change people's lives, and I am dedicated to that. I'm absolutely, uncompromisingly dedicated to that." - Freedom Medal of Valor, October 2004.

10. "And I can tell you that my personal experience with it, you know, I’ve been a Scientologist for going on, I guess 17 years. And it’s extraordinary, it’s extraordinary. And you know, you always have to look at someone who criticizes you, you have to look at them and say, okay, so? Who is that person? Why? What do they know? And I can tell you, you’re sitting in front of a Scientologist who knows. And I can tell you from my personal experience it’s been extraordinary for me. I wouldn’t be here where I am today without, you know, those things to help me out." - Katie Couric interview on "Dateline", Dec 9, 2003.


11. "When you're a Scientologist, and you drive by an accident, you know you have to do something about it, because you know you're the only one who can really help. We are the authorities on getting people off drugs. We are the authorities on the mind.... We are the way to happiness. We can bring peace and unite cultures. Now is the time. Being a Scientologist. People are turning to you. If you are a Scientologist, you see things the way they are, in all their glory, in all their complexity... It's rough and tumble." - Freedom Medal of Valor, October 2004.
 
12. "Well I think Scientology is misunderstood by some people. But I think also, you look at Scientology, it is the fastest-growing religion. It’s helped so many people. I know it, because I use it and I am a Scientologist. And it’s extraordinary, is what it is." - Katie Couric interview on "Dateline", Dec 9, 2003.
 
13.  "If I don't talk about my religion, if I say I'm not discussing it or different humanitarian things I'm working on, they're like, 'He's avoiding it.' If I do talk about it, it becomes, 'Oh, he's proselytizing.' Reviewing the whole thing and how things can be edited and misinterpreted, I decided, You know what? Here's the deal. I take responsibility for what happened, but everyone now knows that if I am dealing with humanitarian things, I will talk about that. When I'm promoting a film, I'm not going to get caught up in anything else, and that includes all my personal things." - Playboy interview, June 2012 issue.
 
14. "And as far as the Brooke Shields thing, look, you got to understand, I really care about Brooke Shields. I think, here's a wonderful and talented woman.  And I want to see her do well.  And I know that psychiatry is a pseudo science." - "TODAY" show with Matt Lauer, June 25, 2005.
 

15. "The code of Scientologists says you respect the religious beliefs of others. That's part of being a Scientologist, and that's who I am as a person." - "Oprah Winfrey Show", May 2008.
 
What do you think of Tom Cruise's most memorable Scientology quotes?
 
Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!
 
 

Comments

  1. good post u entered
    http://www.thecelebstimes.com/tag/tom-cruise/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts