How my Twitter account got hacked! All Twitter users must read it!!!

A few days ago I was very surprised when I opened my email. Twitter has sent me a message saying that 
my twitter account has been destroyed and I had to make a new one! I read below the reasons for that.
To be exact, the message from Twitter was: "Hi, katerinawilhelm

Twitter believes that your account may have been compromised by a website or service not associated with Twitter. We've reset your password to prevent others from accessing your account.


You'll need to create a new password for your Twitter account. You can select a new password at this link:
https://twitter.com/account/password_reset?email=wilhemina1%40hotmail.com&token=a099233aac052bfc7c7c344d3192bd3f-1322287343-user


As always, you can also request a new password from our password-resend page: http://twitter.com/account/resend_password


Please don't reuse your old password and be sure to choose a strong password (such as one with a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols).

In general, be sure to:

    Always check that your browser's address bar is on a http://twitter.com website before entering your password. Phishing sites often look just like Twitter, so check the URL before entering your login information!

    Avoid using websites or services that promise to get you lots of followers. These sites have been known to send spam updates and damage user accounts.
only followers

    Review your approved connections on your Applications page at http://twitter.com/settings/applications. If you see any applications that you don't recognize, click the Revoke Access button.


For more information, visit our help page for hacked or compromised accounts. "

I have to admit that I have been using for almost a month sites that promise you to increase the number of
your followers. So, when I see people using these sites, I feel the responsibility to inform them about the freud
happening behind their back. 


My advice to you is to stop using these sites because you enable them accessing your account. That means that they gather important personal data about you.
Please spread the news because the personal info violation is a very serious issue.
 
The conclusion , guys, is that nothing in life is for free and worse than that is "free" things are very expensive in the long run.


If you really enjoyed this blog post and found it helpful, please feel free to share it!!!

Feel also free to comment and share your experiences as well.

Katerina Wilhelmina

Comments

Popular Posts